The 2010 Twitter F1 Grid
Last year we published the The Twitter (fake) F1 Grid, which was lots of fun, but this year we've (almost) got the real Twitter F1 Grid!
An incredible number of the real teams and drivers have signed up for the 140-character service, offering insight and opportunity for fans to connect directly with the people literally in the hot seats!
Admittedly some are better twitttererers than others; some interact with fan tweets, some don't, but either way updates direct from the horses mouth is light-years from the pr-speak-ridden press releases and (some) media interviews.
On the F1-fans.co.uk twitter account (@f1_fans) I have created a list of the real teams and drivers (feed displayed below). If you're a twitter user follow the list, or just use it as a directory to follow just the people you want. I'll keep that up-to-date as and when new accounts appear.
- Jaime Alguersuari - @JAIMEALGUERSUAR
- Rubens Barrichello - @rubarrichello
- Jenson Button - @The_Real_JB
- Karun Chandhok - @karunchandhok
- Lucas di Grassi - @lucasdigrassi
- Timo Glock - @realTimoGlock
- Nick Heidfeld - @NickHeidfeld
- Nico Hulkenberg - @NicoHulkenberg
- Heikki Kovalainen - @h_kovalainen
- Bruno Senna - @BSenna
- Mark Webber - @AussieGrit
- Ferrari - @InsideFerrari
- Force India - @clubforce
- Lotus - @MyLotusRacing
- McLaren - @TheFifthDriver
- Mercedes - @OfficialMGP
- Red Bull - @redbullf1spy
- Renault - @rf1paddockpass
- Toro Rosso - @tororossospy
- Virgin - @VirginRacing
- Williams - @ClaireVWilliams
In addition to the teams and drivers, there is an increasing number of other F1 people on Twitter, from journalists to team owners. I've made a list of my "recommended" people to follow and there are a selection below.
- 5LiveF1 (BBC Radio 5 Live) - @5LiveF1
- Alan Baldwin (Reuters journalist) - @alanbaldwinf1
- Will Buxton (SpeedTV grid reporter) - @willbuxton
- Adam Cooper (journalist) - @adamcooperf1
- Tony Fernandes (Lotus Principle) - @tonyfernandes
- Mike Gascoyne (Lotus team boss) - @MikeGascoyne
- Maurice Hamilton (journalist) - @MauriceHamilton
- Jake Humphrey (BBC anchorman) - @jakehumphreyf1
- Lee McKenzie (BBC pit lane reporter) - @LeeMcKenzieF1
- Jon Noble (Autosport Editor) - @NobleF1
- James Roberts (F1 Racing Features Editor) - @JRobertsF1
- Craig Scarborough (technical analysis) - @ScarbsF1
- Steve Slater (ESPN commentator) - @steveslaterF1